To be located in the United Arab Emirates, our company is looking for an experience Senior Product Specialist to support the sales of our oncology products in the UAE..
Our Oncology team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieve this through an unwavering commitment to support accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
- Responsible for the achievement of sales targets for the oncology portfolio in UAE.
- Is accountable for accurate execution of territory sales targets planning and operational cross functional territory development plan within assigned territory
- Able to identify and communicate with relevant customers including Key Opinion Leaders, Oncology decision-making authorities in the cancer institutions and other members of the appropriate Multi-Disciplinary Team (Nurses, Pharmacists, Pathologists, etc.) who are influential in the use of oncology products, to maximize sales in the territory.
- Works in close collaboration with line manager and members of cross functional team be responsible for creation, execution leading and coordinating the activities of other team members in the same territory (medical, MAx, CDx, policy, communications, etc.) to ensure that the impact of a cross-functional team approach is leveraged.
- Supports the marketing team to drive growth of our product and inline products, to maximize the business outcomes.
- Maintains an accurate and up to date picture of the competitive landscape and clinical perspectives within the cancer institutions in their territory.
- Territory analysis: Provide an accurate and reasonable territory potential picture as a basis for short and long term territory sales planning; should have a high level reflex in terms of competition assessment and reporting.
- Maintains an excellent understanding of various processes within the cancer institutions in their territory – e.g. Multidisciplinary Team approaches, Hospital Treatment Protocols for Cancer, Ethics Committee processes, Pharmacy Policies, Formulary Inclusion process, etc.
- In collaboration with, and supported by Market Access and Logistics colleagues, make sure that there is sufficient inventory at the hospital pharmacy to meet demand of Oncologists / Patients for Oncology Medicines (help prevent Out-of-Stocks at any point in time, in collaboration colleagues in Logistics / MAX colleagues, who are end-responsible for sustainable supply of medicines to oncology institutions).
- Ensure high level of ethical standards of Oncology business in place
- University degree in a relevant Healthcare-related major
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical business with a successful track record
- Oncology experience is a plus
- UAE experience is a plus
- Excellent Presentation & communication skills
- Highly organized, structured with a competitive mindset
- Excellent planning & time management skills
- High level of learning agility
- The ability to interact with all levels of customers, including high level scientific leaders
- Excellent leadership skills and sound understanding of the roles of other cross-functional team members
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: 1