Full-Time Registration officer
The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position.
- Greet patients and/or visitors arriving at the clinic, ascertain their needs and assist as required.
- Inform and explain to the patient what the coverage of the insurance is in an understandable manner.
- Welcome and register each patient with valid Emirates ID or passport copy, insurance card (if any). Complete registration procedure and take signed consent forms.
- Assist with patient schedule coordination as required, especially the scheduling of appointments to ascertain accuracy of sessions booked for insurance and package patients.
- Ensure that the patients are properly informed about the services offered at the clinic, via face-to-face interaction or by telephonic conversation, especially when there is a query and additional information needs to be provided.
- Ensure a well-explained package offer to patients in accordance with the clinic policies and protocols.
- Maintain a positive and courteous attitude toward all clients/patients and staff (medical and non-medical).
- Input correct health plan on the system and accordingly verify the insurance card validity and eligibility for insured patients.
- Communicate with the patients on the updates or changes of their insurance acceptance and their co-payment share with non-covered payment policies.
- Enter the insurance card information on the system, using right entry format for each card. Update/review insurance information at each visit as per the current insurance status, ensuring data is error free.
- Make a photostat copy and file each patient’s IDs, insurance card(s) (back and front), consent forms, medical report from another facility.
- Print the registration label, insurance claim form, and appropriate insurance claim forms from the online system for insured patients.
- Coordinate with the insurance coordinator and patients for their approvals.
- Book/reschedule, follow-up/repeat/referral appointments for patients.
- Verify the treatment done and calculate the co-payment to generate invoices.
- Collect payment via cash or credit card. Process transactions to the cash register by effectively and efficiently handling cash and credit card payments. Accept payments and generate invoices for amounts paid by the patients. Be proficient with insurance cards for the deductibles and co-payment, if applicable.
- Regularly counter-check the direct billing and package patients’ appointments in coordination with the other registration officers to assure booked appointments.
- Ensure timely coordination with RCM department for any treatment quotation requests. For patients on pay and claim schemes, military, office of the Sheik and Emirates sponsored treatments, include the non-direct billing form completion section.
- Close the daily collection reports and handover to finance.
- Accept/complete assignments as directed by the supervisor.
- Attend departmental and in-service meetings and learning opportunities.
127 total views, 1 today