Full-Time receptionist (Female)
Medical Receptionist Job Description
Job Description: Medical Reception
Position: Medical Receptionist
Reports to: HOD-Front Office
Under supervision of the Head of Front Office, Medical Receptionist performs a variety of tasks in as much as it is the first contact via telephone by the prospective patient with the clinic. Essential duties include, providing excellent customer/patient services via phone and in person; referring callers to the appropriate departments; making appointments for patients according to established Adam Vital protocols; assisting patients/clients with forms. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and service staff of the center. The incumbent must work collaboratively with all Clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the Receptionist to serve as a point of contact with other internal departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Provides information to Clinic callers according to the Clinic’s Policies and Procedures; appropriately transfers calls as needed; works with central reception to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Schedules patient based on predetermined appointment arrangements and makes sure the clinic serves an adequate number of patients as established by clinic requirement.
- When scheduling appointment, carefully screens patients for new address, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
- Adheres to all Clinic policies.
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Calls patients daily to confirm next day’s appointment.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to the Head when needed and as necessary.
- Attends scheduled department staff and clinical meetings.
435 total views, 2 today