Full-Time Inventory Coordinator
- Company: Sunmarke School Dubai
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Accountant, Finance
- Develops the inventory management strategy of the company with the goal to control costs within budget, generate savings, rationalise inventory and maximize the working capital available.
- Maintains, manages and accounts for inventory of materials which include stock locations. Using a computer, he accounts for receipts of new items, returns, processes re-orders and associated issues, and inputs essential data on all the handled materials, while adhering to strict accounting and auditing procedures.
- Controls perpetual inventory stock counting and accuracy checks, processes and approves payment invoices, and investigates discrepancies and shortages to minimize overstocks and remove redundant and obsolete raw materials.
- Ensures that the inward goods and stock control are properly handled and organized for the achievement of corporate goals.
- Based on suggested and computer-monitored order listings, he performs regular cycle counts of inventory materials and conducts yearly physical inventory counts.
- Ensures inward products are received and managed according to the company’s standard procedure, so materials will be readily available for consumption or whenever needed.
- To procure materials economically at a cost consistent with the quality and service required. However, generally all purchases may be attempted at the lowest cost.
- Maintain daily records of shipments and invoices to see what resources need to be replenished.
- Tracking and maintaining inventory by using the inventory management module in the ERP software.
- Maintains an uninterrupted flow of consumable resources to support the various business requirements from time to time.
- Organizes and maintains the inventory floor area to ensure efficient material storage and handling. He also maintains labeling systems on the stock items.
- Makes sure that any late materials or those that hold up business for a certain reason are followed up until they are received. Also, he sees to it that sub-contract processes are received back and ensures no late deliveries in the future with suppliers.
- Provides routine management reports regarding inventory performance, which involves evaluating and monitoring usage and cost of materials, consumables and scrap.
- Creates and maintains accurate written procedures for the primary inventory control functions and processes, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the stock management system implemented.
- Implements improvement systems and processes to reduce inventory setbacks, while minimizing costs and maximizing working capital. He also ensures that resource orders are fully and properly delivered and that all stocks have been correctly allocated to corresponding budgets.
- To conduct a monthly check on inventories and submit the reconciled stock report to the management.
- Creates daily reports to control the key critical areas of the stock system and address any discrepancy. This task involves managing control measures to make sure inaccuracies and errors are highlighted and resolved.
- Coordinates periodic safety inspections and testing of any specialized piece of utility equipment.
- Performs miscellaneous duties, which are work-related, as assigned.
- Forecast future stock needs in order to ensure timely availability of the resources to the teachers and students.
- Stay abreast of new products, current market rates and suppliers offering better prices.
- Maintain accurate records of the potential vendors in the market with their contact details.
- Search for new vendors, negotiate the price as per the approved budget, check the samples and place the orders.
- Check the quality and quantity of stock received to maintain the standards.
- Ensure shop / shelves / counter are clean and presentable at all times to comply with the schools’ policies and procedures as well as Health and Safety requirements.
- Lifting of heavy boxes of books in receiving and placing inventory
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or other.
- 2 years’ relevant work experience
- The candidate should ideally have relevant professional qualifications or suitable background experience in controlling inventory and purchasing, i.e. having a detailed understanding of material requirements planning (MRP) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment
- To be more effective in his position, an inventory coordinator should also be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other members of the company and vendors.
Sunmarke School is a premium British curriculum and IB school offering admissions from EYFS to Year 13. Sunmarke is a Positive Education School where outstanding teaching is underpinned by the science of Positive Psychology so children flourish learning skills for ‘Academics & Achievement’ and ‘Character development & Wellbeing’.
How to ApplyFor Apply Click Here
19 total views, 1 today