Full-Time HSE Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a HSE Engineer to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project related to Operation & Maintenance main recycled water system in Abu Dhabi and adjacent Islands
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Due diligence of the design aspects with advice from Stantec’s employees, developing and delivering safety and compliance processes, procedures and campaigns occasionally with Senior Management, leading H&S with project team (s) ensuring all stakeholders are appropriately involved in the management of change, ensuring safe operations and minimizing all risks.
- To Establish and maintain an effective and integrated OSH Management system in accordance with OSHAD and the UAE Civil defense regulations
- Responsible for the performance of the OSH-MS, providing occupational safety & health governance and oversight to all Stantec’s business units ensuring safe operations to avoid injury/illness and /property/equipment damage.
- Ensure the effective achievement of the OSH functional objectives through leadership of the production, maintenance & associated function – setting Team & individual objectives, managing performance, developing & motivating staff.
-To act as the focal point for compliance of all H&S liaising and briefing Senior Management on all issues associated with its scope of work.
- Ensure that Stantec’s HSSE policy is implemented and standardized and Conduct the required Inductions in UAE.
- Review the Projects’ HSE Plans, Emergency Response Plans, risk assessment reports, incidents / accidents reports and prepare lessons learned for all Projects in UAE
- Conduct HSE Audit for all the Construction Supervision Projects in UAE.
- Conduct Sites’ Safety Inspections and participate in the management walk through as planned, then issue the required observations reports to the teams.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to complete H&S tasks and implement process improvements
- Apply health, safety and environmental strategy, policy and objectives in line with Stantec’s goals
- Assist in managing safety and environmental functions of Stantec’s Sites
- Perform site/workplace health and safety inspections to ensure compliance
- Carry out health and safety risk assessments
- Direct health and safety group of specific site managers in conjunction with Senior Management officials
- Evaluate accidents, maintain incident register and make statutory reports returns to the Project Manager
- Participate in Monthly meetings when required to report on relevant H&S matters
- Engineering degree in an appropriate discipline with a
minimum of 8 years’ experience in the utility sector
including existing network modification activities
-Experience in protection works and new connections
-Must have working knowledge in related HSE procedure rules and regulations.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients’ challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply
94 total views, 2 today