Full-Time HR Consultant
Shell in Oman has been a partner in the country’s remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community that we have proudly been long part of.
The HR consultant operates and integrates a breadth of functional HR disciplines providing meaningful solutions for the Upstream Business of Shell in Oman. Working closely with Business Leaders and the HR Country Lead; the Consultant will deploy relevant skills e.g. project management, change management, integrative leadership and consulting skills while working on the highest value business or country priorities and projects.
Where you fit:
The HR Consultant is a key partner in enabling the delivery of our ambition to grow Shell’s business in Oman and protecting the value of our current established Joint Ventures. HR Consultants are allocated at the country level and are flexible resource to focus on the highest value priorities and projects.
- Collaborate with, business leaders, HR Business Partners and Country HR colleagues across the Businesses and Functions including Joint ventures and Non Operated Venture environments.
- Design, develop and implement specific interventions, solutions or programs in support of the People Agenda for the business or country.
- Define and contract the blend of HR (or other functional) resources locally required to deliver the intervention and contract with resources to deliver business-critical requirements.
- Manage and co-ordinate delivery of defined interventions – working with or leading cross-functional, cross-country and virtual team members where needed.
- Manage cost-effective and timely local delivery of critical business change initiatives such as:
- Business-specific priority areas, Country-specific organisational redesign and implementation including liaison with Country HR Employees Relations /Industrial Relations (ER/IR) and HR Operations specialists.
- Implementation of specific business or country Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) initiatives.Job Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor degree level with 10+ years of experience
- Ability to rapidly acquire understanding of the specific business, function or country context for which intervention is being managed and overarching ER/IR landscape – including business value drivers and cost management levers.
- Effective consulting skills: diagnosis, inquiry, contracting and facilitation – to accurately scope the required work, assess resources required, contract the right team and facilitate defined interventions.
- Ability to engage and influence senior business or functional stakeholders (for project deployment in some assets experience with local content is highly desirable/required).
- Strong project management capability – familiar with and able to selectively deploy a range of project management tools and methodologies.
- Effective application of Change Management tools to support and enable complex change management events.
- Effective use of data and trend analysis to determine root cause and to define and track relevant business outcomes.
- Ability to influence and deliver through others, including coaching cross-functional, virtual teams beyond formal line of authority.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in English and Arabic
How to ApplyApply Here
75 total views, 1 today