Full-Time Head of Secondary School
- Promote an inspiring vision, clear direction and leadership that is shared by all members of the Secondary School, maintaining and enhancing a culture that enables pupils and teachers to achieve outstanding teaching and learning.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Team in the creation and implementation of a strategic plan which identifies current and future priorities and targets, ensuring that all students achieve high standards and make outstanding progress.
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that the curriculum, teaching, assessment and reporting practices inspire high levels of engagement, achievement and progress for all students.
- Work together with the Secondary School Leadership Team to establish and implement clear roles and responsibilities, policies and practices for the efficient day-to-day running, organisation and management of the secondary school.
- Lead and support secondary school staff in the process of whole and sub-school regulatory inspections, ensuring compliance.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students and staff.
Education / Qualification requirements:
- Bachelor of Education degree, or equivalent
- Masters’ Degree in educational leadership is desirable
- Evidence of relevant professional development and leadership of the new Australian Senior School Curriculum/QCE
- Evidence of relevant professional development and leadership of the International Baccalaureate Diploma is highly desirable.
- Be a qualified, experienced classroom teacher with a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience and success as a Principal/Head of School in an Australian Curriculum and/or IB World School with strong student outcomes.
- Have personal and professional integrity, are highly visible, inclusive and approachable with resilience to meet the daily demands of leadership in a large school.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving ability including evidence of having dealt successfully with a range of challenges.
- Be deeply committed to the social and emotional development and wellbeing of all students.
- Have experience of analysing data and setting in place appropriate actions and interventions to ensure personalised learning.
- Be able to implement and monitor high expectations across all aspects of school.
- Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for students, both in and out of the classroom.
- Be an open-minded cultural learner.
- Be an exemplary role model who embodies the core values of the school.
- Display a growth mindset, be prepared to take risks and ‘have a go’.
What we offer:
As part of our commitment to recruiting outstanding teachers, AIS ensures that comprehensive professional development is provided to all staff.
A generous employment package, reflective of the school’s commitment to excellence, is provided to all staff. This includes:
- Highly competitive monthly salary (tax free)
- Relocation allowance
- Onsite accommodation or a paid allowance to live offsite
- Medical insurance
- Initial flight to the UAE on commencement of contract and a return annual flight to the point of origin (or cash equivalent)
- End of contract gratuity
- Free tuition in the school for your children, if applicable
How to apply
AIS is seeking registrations of interest from applicants with relevant experience to be appointed and required to commence work on January 3rd, 2021.
Please note that although DE International (DEi) is assisting AIS with the recruitment process, the contract of employment for this position is directly with the owners of the school, and not with DoE or DEi.
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we would welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation whilst enjoying the opportunity to live and work in one of the most vibrant parts of the world.
Applicants are invited to apply directly to AIS by submitting:
- a current CV including a recent passport size photograph; and
- a cover letter addressed to the Executive Principal, Mr Steve McLuckie
All applications must contain:
- The names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional referees, including your current line manager and a colleague that you currently line manage.
How to submit applications
Applications close on Friday 6th November 2020 (5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time).
Initial interviews will take place between 8th -12th November, 2020.
Final interviews will take place the week beginning 15th November, 2020.
Please submit applications to our HR Manager, [email protected] with the subject line: Registration of Interest – Head of School Secondary
Requests for further information about the positions may also be sent to [email protected]
How to ApplyFor Apply Click Here
208 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply