Full-Time General Manager – Jumeirah Group – Middle East – (200000YQ)
An opportunity has arisen for a highly talented General Manager to join one of our properties within the Middle East.
The main purpose of this role is to develop and manage the commercial and operational strategy for the hotel in order to drive optimal performance and achieve both financial and business targets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage the commercial and operational strategy for the hotel, ensuring that annual business plans and targets are documented and well-communicated.
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including owners, Jumeirah Group management, customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that annual hotel sales and marketing plans are developed, implemented and monitored, and that they deliver required results.
- Analyse revenue generation trends of the hotel to identify critical areas for revenue generation enhancement.
- Actively drive corporate social responsibility initiatives within local communities and the region.
- Establish clear accountabilities for profit and growth with all operational teams.
- Ensure the hotel management team maximises productivity and efficiencies, following company guidelines and complying with local legislation.
- Monitor hotel performance, participate in regular financial and business review meetings and agree any corrective measures, where required. Present appropriate information to owners and/or their representatives.
- Ensure effective financial control and reporting measures are implemented, (including accurate forecasting), complying with Jumeirah finance directives.
- Regularly and personally verify that guests are receiving personalised, thoughtful and generous service, in line with luxury service standards.
- Use guest, stakeholder and colleague feedback to make recommendations for improvements that drive performance and enhance the guest experience.
- Ensure that the assets of the Company/Owner are maintained properly and meet Jumeirah brand standards, implementing effective preventative maintenance programmes and initiating appropriate capital expenditure projects in a timely manner.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the different hotel operations to ensure they are well-managed and optimise capabilities and resources.
- Act as a role model for all colleagues, clearly demonstrating the Jumeirah hallmarks, guiding principles and leadership competencies, and ensuring they are embedded throughout the hotel.
- Lead, develop and inspire the hotel management team, encouraging accountability for team and individual performance.
- Actively participate in recruitment, succession planning and talent development for the hotel management team to ensure the Jumeirah culture and brand promise are supported.
- Ensure learning and development opportunities are provided for all colleagues, to develop capability and skills and to support colleague growth.
- Support localization programmes and ensure national colleagues are given the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Ensure the hotel complies with all applicable regulations and legislation, including Health, Safety & Hygiene, employment legislation and financial reporting. Support internal and external audit teams to ensure risks are identified and controlled effectively.
- Ensure that crisis management and continuity of business plans are well-developed and well-managed, and that colleagues are fully briefed and aware of their responsibilities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 years of executive management experience in a luxury 5 star resort in the Middle East.
- Proven all round operational hotel experience and the ability to demonstrate commercial acumen and strategic focus.
- The ability to influence, negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and a proven record of Sales & Marketing and Revenue functions.
- Pre-opening experience considered an advantage.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead, develop and motivate colleagues at all levels from a range of diverse backgrounds.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, complimentary use of Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates
How to ApplyExternal Link: Apply External Link will take you to another Website where you have to fulfill the form and apply direct. Gulfentry doesn't take guarantee for external Link Gulfentry doesn’t provide employment or Permit or Visa Services, Gulfentry Provide free services where job seekers and employers connect.
45 total views, 1 today