An Employer looking for specialized candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of Gastroenterologist. Gastroenterologist duties include consulting and diagnosing patients, inspecting internal organs through endoscopic procedures and consulting with patients’ primary physicians, among other duties. They are highly skilled specialists with a comprehensive understanding of all gastroenterological conditions and treatment options.
Gastroenterologists should demonstrate good interpersonal skills as they will be required to attend to patient needs and consult with other specialists.
- Consulting with patients to understand their health concerns.
- Performing specialized tests to diagnose patients.
- Determining proper courses of treatment.
- Consulting with a patient’s primary doctor.
- Analyzing patient historical data.
- Consulting with other specialists, such as oncologists, in the case of cancer.
- Performing endoscopic procedures to inspect internal organs.
- Performing X-Ray, MRI and ultrasound scanning.
- Performing surgery in the digestive tract.
- Medical degree.
- Completion of a three-year internal residency.
- Completion of a three-year Gastroenterology fellowship.
- Proficiency in performing endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures.
- Proficiency with X-Rays, MRIs and ultrasound scanning.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
46164 total views, 90 today