Full-Time Finance Director, AXA Retail
AXA UK is proud to have just been awarded 24th Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here. Want to be a part of it? Join us as a Finance Director and have the chance to actively contribute to the strategy and direction of the Retail business.
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join AXA UK in a newly created role as the Finance Director for AXA Retail. As the Finance Director you will lead the Finance function and own the financial performance for AXA Retail, as an Executive Committee member. Within this role you will have overall responsibility for Finance for AXA Retail: Ensuring that effective financial analysis exists to support business planning and decision making so that the profitability of the business is maximised.
So, what will you be doing?
• Leverage all financial resources and expertise in the AXA UK financial teams to provide one single view of finance matters to AXA Retail ExCom.
• As a member of the AXA Retail Executive Committee and AXA UK Finance Leadership team, actively contribute to the strategy and direction of the business based on the understanding of current business performance, market and economic conditions, play an active role in the development and performance of the Finance function.
• Work with the business to identify opportunities to assist in the delivery of financial performance in line with plan, to include early identification of performance challenges and available solutions to remedy or counteract through actions elsewhere.
• Implement adequate financial risk systems.
• Lead finance business partnering and work with UK PBR team on finance control matters for AXA Retail, providing support to the business on all financial and commercial matters, new deals, expense and commissions management and planning, budgeting and reporting.
• Manage effective business performance MI for the business.
• Responsible for monitoring the financial performance of products, instigating appropriate actions to remedy any issues and manage risks.
• Overview of the capital absorption for the Retail Business ensuring business decisions reflect capital and solvency implications considering Solvency II requirements.
• Be a stakeholder in developments in the finance and financial risk systems to ensure they meet the needs of the Business.
• Ensure effective performance of credit control and reconciliation activities across the business provided by the Finance Operations team.
• Identify and assess the market and economic environment to ensure key areas of focus identified.
• Lead evaluation of new business/project and M&A opportunities from a business finance perspective and ensure these are in line with the overall strategic direction of AXA Retail.
With an established career in Insurance we are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications and experience:
- Professional Financial or Actuarial qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, MBA, BBS, FIA etc.
- Extensive experience + 15 years PQE
- Strong financial services knowledge
- High level financial management experience in a major financial services provider
- Wide experience of financial management including pricing, profitability, financial planning and analysis, reporting, accounting procedures and controls
- Successful track record of delivering and leading teams through change
- Relevant business line experience
- B2C experience
Who can utilise their skill set which will include:
- Commercially minded finance professional
- Excellent leadership and management capability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- First class analytical skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
How to ApplySource : Apply
379 total views, 1 today