Full-Time Facilities Manager – Civil
Job Title: Facilities Manager – Civil
Reports to: Sr. Facilities Manager
Direct Reports: FM Engineer / Supervisors
Department: Al-Futtaim Engineering – Facilities Management
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the strategic direction and facilities management service (Civil Department) from initiation stage through planning, design and construction for both renovation and new minor construction contracts across UAE. Such projects / contracts will mainly be for public / government entities like – Ministry of Education (MOE), Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department (IACAD), Department of Public Works (DPW) etc.
The FM Manager will manage all phases of FM Civil construction projects, including coordinating with Client, Inhouse team, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is done as per contract requirements with quality, on schedule and within budget.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Minimum Qualifications, Certification and Knowledge:
- B.Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Understanding of local market and knowledge of Public Entities, contractors and vendors.
- Understanding of FM / Civil contracts.
- 10 years’ experience in a related field of which 5 years are in a similar capacity in the FM environment.
- Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge, work with commercial requirements like plan cost, budgets limits, profit and loss
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of estimating, budgeting, and scheduling practices.
- Knowledge of current status of costs of new construction, escalation factors, and market trends.
- Knowledge of building codes and standards of practice, laws governing construction contracts and contracting.
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Skills in reading and interpreting plans and specifications and to compare them with construction progress.
- Skills in both verbal and written communications, Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Viewpoint
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
How to ApplySource Link: Apply
41 total views, 1 today