Full-Time Common Services Assistant
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university; or
• A diploma certifying completion of a college or post-secondary vocational training school program in finance or human resources; and an acceptable combination of work experience in financial or human resources administration.
• Fluency in English (spoken, written, comprehension).
A minimum of three (3) years of recent* and relevant work experience in the following areas in a similar position in an office environment:
• providing general administrative duties including information management or financial support or human resources support; AND
• liaising and working with clients (internal or external).
* “Recent experience” refers to the depth and breadth of experience associated with having performed a broad range of related activities. Accumulated experience that has been acquired within the last 7 years is required. Experience will be assessed on the basis of the scope, the quantity, complexity, diversity of the work performed, and degree of autonomy.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
Candidates being considered for the position will be called to undergo an evaluation process that will include an interview. Skills and/or knowledge tests may be conducted prior and/or subsequent to the interview in order to assist the selection board in assessing the applicant’s suitability for the position.
• Administrative and office practices, processes and procedures;
• General accounting principles and procedures; and
• General human resources principles and procedures.
• Advanced office computer software skills, including in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word;
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
• Attention to detail, data accuracy, and a high standard of quality control;
• Analyze and interpret information quickly and efficiently, and provide advice and recommendations;
• Discretion and respect for privacy; integrity, sound ethical and moral principles;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Intercultural proficiency – the ability to interact effectively and respectfully with people from diverse cultures;
• Team player with a positive attitude, able to work within a hierarchy; and
• Client Focus while respecting established policies.
• Proficiency in French and/or Arabic (reading, writing, and speaking);
• Educational qualifications or professional certifications in the areas of Human Resources or finance;
• Experience working for a diplomatic mission or an international organization; and
• Knowledge of SAP or other enterprise financial software.
• Vacation time, particularly during March and April, may be restricted due to operational requirements.
• Must be a resident of the UAE during the time of hire and eligible to work in UAE; and
• Must hold a valid Diplomatic ID, UAE work permit, or no impediments to obtaining one.
• Please follow the link https://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4525& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload (1) CV and (2) a cover letter, in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide at least 2 recent references and proof of their residence status. The successful candidate will be asked to provide us with a clean police certificate and credit report to obtain the necessary Reliability
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: CSDPDHHumanResources/[email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
• Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Dependents of Canadian diplomats with an impending assignment to the Embassy of Canada to the UAE or the Consulate General of Canada in Dubai will be considered as residents for the purpose of the area of selection.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi or the Consulate General of Canada in Dubai, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: CSDPDHHumanResources/[email protected]
How to Apply
Click here to Apply
328 total views, 1 today
Leave a Reply