Mott MacDonald is hiring for a Commercial and Contracts Manager. In this role, you will take ownership of all commercial and contract management activities and ensure a solid commercial framework is created and implemented for a portfolio of projects across the UAE.
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
- Oversee commercial management for the Consultant’s commissions against agreed targets for profit and ROCE
- Supervise and monitor all aspects of the Consultant’s commission including compliance, terms and conditions, service level agreements, managing receipts, documentation of change requests, delivery of deliverables, payment procedures and management reporting
- Financial reporting and monitoring of multiple commissions at commission, portfolio and sector level for overall financial performance
- Overseeing the working capital position on the Consultant’s commission, and supporting project management teams when direct senior contact with clients is required to resolve working capital issues
- Monitoring and advising on compliance with internal governance and contractual commercial obligations, promoting internal governance protocols related to commercial success
- Assisting in the development of project financial recovery strategy; attendance at monthly control meetings and dealing with actions arising
- Develop, review and update a change management system and procedures that capture complete, accurate and consistent baseline documents, and ensure changes in design and construction and any other change are controlled in accordance with the contract documents and/or programme controls procedures
- Oversee the change process to ensure consistency across all existing contracts
- Monitor changes across the project against the contract and scope baseline; create and implement a change management plan, change log and governance processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management/Cost Engineering from a recognized university
- Membership to a relevant professional institution (RICS or other) would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of having been in a similar role of running multiple projects simultaneously
- Comprehensive background in contract management and terms including various types of conditions of contract
At Mott MacDonald, our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- 90 calendar days’ paid maternity leave
- Competitive annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance