1. Role Objective
Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of organization wide database and application platforms of IT systems working with all sections within the Digital department in planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the database and resolve all incoming database and application queries throughout the organization.
Area of responsibility
- Assist the Senior Digital Management team in the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements along with Business Systems Team (BST) for specific units.
- Evaluating hardware, architecture design, install and upgrade the Database server and application tools in order to ensure optimum performance and identify current and potential bottlenecks.
- Refine logic data model, allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system in order to accommodate future business requirement and capacitate system stability and accommodate all users
- Administering application servers, creating primary database storage structures and objects once application developers have designed an application in order to ensure usability and clarity for users.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by the application developers, enable data integration between different applications, create new users and ensure that the proper access is given to the users and validate application packaging and maintain utmost system security.
- Contact Software Vendor for technical support, plan back-up and recovery of database information and ensure optimum performance of the database and compliance with Oracle license agreement.
- Install, test and ensure that all upgrades and patches as well as oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Plan for backup and recovery of database, apply patches, make copies of the production ERP server and other updates within the production, development and test environments and monitor the performance in order to ensure smooth and efficient operation of application server infrastructure.
- Maintain archived data on tape, participate in DR discussions and activities, implement any new changes in the ERP, in coordination with the development team, and provide data integration between various applications in order to ensure that the data is transferred smoothly between various applications.
- When necessary develop complex DBA scripts, debug programs to suit system environment.
- Works on an on-call basis with responsibilities in resolving problems related to the operational database.
Develops application and database upgrade plans and implements these into the operational database environment.