Full-Time Accounting Supervisor
An Employer looking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced Accounting Supervisor to oversee and coordinate the daily operations of the accounting department. The Accounting Supervisor’s responsibilities include recruiting and training accounting staff, assisting in the preparation of payroll records, and instituting disciplinary measures against poorly performing employees. You should also be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in accounting technologies and software to streamline accounting processes.
To be successful as an Accounting Supervisor, you should be able to process large amounts of numerical data and have strong leadership skills. Ultimately, an exceptional Accounting Supervisor should have sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Accounting Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assisting staff members in the preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting reports.
- Analyzing financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Identifying potential cash flow problems and financial irregularities.
- Liaising with department heads to ensure that each department remains within budget.
- Accurately preparing tax returns and ensuring that company taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Performing reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Supervising and providing overall guidance to account clerks as well as junior accounting staff.
- Providing regular updates to management regarding company finances.
- Ensuring that the company maintains compliance with accounting legislation.
Accounting Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) accreditation.
- Proven experience working as an Accounting Supervisor.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- The ability to process large amounts of numerical data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Gender (Optional): Both
17 total views, 1 today